We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our welcoming, fun-loving and hard-working team.
Experience is not essential, although always helpful. Full training will be provided.
But first, what do we offer:
- Excellent salary / hourly rate
- Set business hours and 2 days off per week
- A full share of all generous tips
- Christmas & New Year off
- Free decent food for staff whilst working
- Pension contributions
- Staff discount on food, drink & the Deli shop
- Family & friends rate on rooms and food
- Staff accommodation available
- Forward-thinking sustainable employer committed to staff welfare and business environmental practices
We’re continuing to develop a new type of hospitality business: sustainable, different attitudes & approaches – and you will be an integral part of creating it. Our restaurant style is casual but professional. Think sneaker footwear, linen napkins, elegant glassware and a design-led approach to the guest experience.
Looking for a new challenge & a change of scene…. We’re looking for chefs, bakers, curers & smokers, fermenters, butchers, foragers. Essentially, some like-minded people.
You will be involved in delivering a consistent level of ingredient-led, locally sourced food across the restaurant and deli business. We work with a lot of amazing ingredients: Twice dived Sconser Scallops, Lochbay lobster and langoustines, Skye mussels, Loch Beag Oysters, Highland beef & lamb, Scottish cheese & charcuterie, local salads, foraged mushrooms and more. We cook on and with fire. We smoke our own food. We bake. We cure. We pickle & ferment. We butcher our own cuts of meat.
We are looking to recruit for a few positions in the kitchen team:
- Commis Chef – you’re either looking to pursue a career in the kitchen or an existing Commis wanting to be involved in the style and approach to cooking that we employ. You’ll be involved in all aspects of the kitchen, to broaden your experience and build skills – including cooking with fire
- Experienced Chef – to further develop their skills and broaden their experience by working in a kitchen with access to a fantastic set of ingredients and cooking with fire. You’ll be encouraged to try new techniques and expand our repertoire of ferments, pickles and dishes
- Pastry Chef / Baker – all of our desserts, bread and cakes are made by us – we’re looking for a passionate and creative Chef to continue to deliver quality food and develop our offering
Front of House
We are always pleased to hear from people who are interested in Front of House roles.
We are currently looking to recruit for the following positions:
- Trainee Barrista (full or part-time) – someone with a passion for coffee to be trained by an experienced & seasoned professional Barista (who is now our Daytime Manager)
- Front of house (full & part-time) – working in a fun-loving but professional & experienced team, managed by our General Manager – Food & Drink, who has 20 years of experience
- Reception (full or part-time) – to maximise our guest experience and keep booking systems up-to-date
Back of House
- Business Administrator / PA – helping to keep key administration tasks and systems up-to-date, basic bookkeeping in hand, timely reporting and supporting the two Directors of The Dunvegan
- Handyman/person (up to Full-time) – to focus working on the building & its operation (not gardening – we have a gardener!)
Make an Application
To make an application send your CV and other details to Tim Hunter-Davies, Managing Director at email@example.com