Looking for a change of scene and a new challenge…. We’re looking for chefs, bakers, curers & smokers, fermenters, foragers. Basically, some like minded people. As we prepare for the season and the next 18 months ahead, we are looking to develop our kitchen team.
Food at The Dunvegan is ingredient-led, and a fusion between Scottish and (family influenced) South American cuisines, traditions & cooking techniques. Many of our dishes are cooked on charcoal, we love curing & smoking food, as well as creating our own pickles & preserves which appear across the menu and for sale in our deli. We bake all our own bread, cakes & desserts.
Since opening in August 2019 we have earned an excellent reputation for quality food, and with the abundance of amazing seafood, meat & vegetables right on our doorstep on Skye, you will be involved in delivering a consistent level of food across the restaurant and deli business.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone wanting to help develop the cuisine & techniques, and make their mark within a currently un-recognised restaurant/hotel.
- Responsibilities as Senior Sous Chef include:
- Responsibility for the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Maintaining and driving consistently high standards of food production.
- Input into all areas of kitchen management
- Environmental health standards
- Working with the Head Chef to develop the menu
The ideal Senior Sous Chef will :
- Have Sous/Junior Sous experience in a good quality operation.
- Possess a passion and knowledge for food.
- Be driven and focused on first class standards across every aspect of the operation.
- Have demonstrated loyalty and reliability throughout their career.
- Have good planning and organisational skills.
- Have excellent personal presentation and communications skills
- Be professional at all times.
Great salary, staff discounts, amazing location and good working hours! Suitable for someone wanting to live in a rural environment and work in an up and coming kitchen.
Send your CV to email@example.com
No agencies or recruitment consultants thank you.