Looking for a change of scene and a new challenge….
Work with amazing local produce – twice dived scallops, lobster, langoustines, mussels, Highland beef, lamb & pork, salads, vegetables and more.
We cook with fire/charcoal as much as possible, so an interest in gaining experience or previous experience of this would be ideal.
Food at The Dunvegan is ingredient-led, and a fusion between Scottish and (family influenced) South American cuisines, traditions & cooking techniques.
We love curing & smoking food, as well as creating our own pickles & preserves which appear across the menu. We bake all our own bread, cakes & desserts.
Since opening in August 2019 and highly successful months of opening during the pandemic, we have earned an excellent reputation for quality food. Working with the Head Chef/Owner and team you will be involved in delivering a consistent level of food across the restaurant.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone wanting to help develop the cuisine & techniques, and make their mark within a currently un-recognised restaurant/hotel.
Responsibilities as Sous Chef include:
- Responsibility for the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Maintaining and driving consistently high standards of food production.
- Input into areas of kitchen management
- Environmental health issues
The ideal Sous Chef will :
- Have Junior Sous or Sous Chef experience in a good quality operation.
- Possess a passion for and a knowledge of food.
- Be driven and focused on first class standards across every aspect of the operation.
- Have demonstrated loyalty and reliability throughout their career.
- Have good planning and organisational skills.
- Have excellent personal presentation and communications skills
- Be professional at all times.
Great salary, staff discounts, amazing location and good working hours! Suitable for someone wanting to live in a rural environment and work in an up and coming kitchen.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies or recruitment consultants thank you.